PetroRio Buys Petrobras’ Share on Albacora Leste for US$ 2.2 Billion

AvatarPosted by

Petrobras announced, on April 28th, the sale of its 90% WI in Albacora Leste to PetroRio for US$ 2.2 billion. The other 10% stays with Repsol-Sinopec, which in theory has a right of preference over the deal but should not exercise it.

Albacora Leste was discovered in 1988 and has been producing through FPSO P-50 since 2006, with an accumulated production of over 390 million barrels of oil. According to the divestment teaser, this field has an OOIP of 3.8 Bbbl as well as a pre-salt prospect (Arapuçá, drilled in 2014). Average output numbers for 2022 were 25,900 bbl/day of oil and 635,000 m³/day of associated gas.

Leave a Reply